Monday, March 28, 2011

Time to Get Serious..

Well, as it turns out, I didn't lose any weight last week.  I was really disappointed and upset at first, until I thought back about what I had eaten throughout the week - it's not a mystery where the problem lies.  After busting my ass at the gym for no scale-related results, I decided this week shall be FAR more strict
I have decided to re-work my food intake, so it is more like 3 regular meals with 2 snacks, rather than what I was eating as a lunch when it was really like 3 snacks claiming to be a meal, or my pathetic excuse for breakfasts.  I'm also going to watch my sugar/carb intake far more closely. 
This is what I'm planning to eat today:
Breakfast:
2 Scrambled Egg Whites
1/2 WW Bagel w/ natural pnut butt
Choc Protein Shake w/ Skim Milk

Snack:
old fashion Oatmeal (NOT the instant kind) made with water
1pk Splenda
Cinnamon
2 tbs Raisins

Lunch:
Turkey Sandwich on WW Sandwich Thins (only 100 calories for whole bun!) w/ 2 different mustards and pickles
Spinach salad w/ Light Italian dressing

Dinner:
Homemade pulled chicken BBQ
Baked Sweet Potato Wedges
Salad

I went to the gym this morning - I haven't gotten my new workouts from Branden yet so today, I did the following:
TIMEEXERCISEREPSET
5 MINBIKEMEDIUM1
 DUMBBELL SQUAT W/ HIGH KNEE103
 DUMBBELL LUNGES10 EA LEG3
 WALL SITS30 SEC3
20 MINELLIPTICALINTERVAL1
 FLUTTER KICKS30 SEC3
 RAISED PLANKS30 SEC3
 WEIGHTED CALF RAISES10 - 3 WAYS3


My legs are feelin the burn today, but I'm glad!  Branden said he's going to try to get the workout to me tonight.  I'm hoping that my focus will stay locked in to nutrition this week.  I planned our dinners on Saturday and went grocery shopping so I have NO excuse to not cook a healthy meal for my family each evening! 

To be quite honest, I'm feeling very frustrated and a little down right now.  I feel like since I don't eat like complete shit, I'm going to have to work twice as hard to lose the weight.  It's kind of annoying to me when I hear about people that simply "stopped eating fast food" and they lost 50lbs without working out for a minute.  Don't get me wrong, I support any and everyone who is trying to make themselves more healthy and lose weight, regardless of their motivation behind it, but I just wish SOMETHING in my life was a little easier for me?
Boo hoo, I know.  Oh well, regardless of how I have to do it, it has to be done.  As tempting as it is to find outside sources to aid in my weightloss, I am still very committed to going about it the HEALTHY way and losing weight so that I have life-long lasting results. 
Just the Monday blues, I suppose?

Tomorrow is another day, and I'll see ya then :)

No comments:

Post a Comment